PERMEABILITY APPARATUS FOR GEOTEXTILE-(MANUAL OBSERVATION)-(ASTM D4491, EN ISO 11058)-CONSTANT HEAD TEST-NO LOAD CONDITION
Model Number : GT-101C
Comprises of Main working unit mounted on Table Top Bench with back support, Upper & Lower unit made of Transparent acrylic material, Geo‑textile specimen holder assembly between Upper & Lower unit, Inlet and outlet valves with PVC Pipe network, Head differential measurement arrangement mounted on a stand, Manual observation of quantity of flow (in case of Constant Head Test) and Head change (In case of Falling Head Test)
Compliance with following International Standards :
ASTM D4491, IS 14324, EN ISO 11058
These test methods cover procedures for determining the hydraulic conductivity (water permeability) of Geo‑Textiles in terms of permittivity under standard testing conditions, in the uncompressed state.
Comprises of Following Parts and accessories :
- Main working unit mounted on Table Top Bench with back support
- Upper & Lower unit made of Transparent acrylic material, which are fastened together
- Geo‑textile specimen holder assembly between Upper & Lower unit
- Inlet and outlet valves with UPVC Pipe network
- Head differential measurement arrangement mounted on a stand.
- Manual observation of quantity of flow (in case of Constant Head Test & Falling Head Test)
- 15 liter plastic bucket for discharge measurement
- Supplied complete with 75 micron (200 Mesh) wire mesh to calibrate the equipment as per ASTM D4491 Standard
- Equipment will be able to perform calibration requirements as per ASTM D4491, EN ISO 11058 Standards.
In Constant Head Test:
- A head of 50 mm water is maintained on the geo textile throughout the test. The quantity of flow is measured versus time. The constant head test is used when the flow rate of water through the geotextile is so large that it is difficult to obtain readings of head change versus time in the falling head test.
In Falling Head Test:
- A column of water is allowed to flow through the geo textile and reading of head changes versus time is taken. The flow rate of water through the geo textile shall be slow enough to obtain accurate readings. Manual Geotextile Permeability for Falling head test shall be used for only those geotextile specimens, which have permittivity less than or equal to 0.05 Sec-1. Automatic Falling head permeability instrument with continuous fluid level sensor & controller should be procured for the Geotextile specimen, having permittivity greater than 0.05 Sec-1 as flow through the specimen will be too large that it will be difficult to obtain the readings of head change versus time in the manual falling head test machine.
- 50 mm Head can be maintain of the sample : up to 40 cm Suitable for both type of test : Constant Head and Falling Head.
Essential accessories are required to perform the entire experiment.
- Low temperature water bath for cooling of water form ambient to 22 C, shall be procured at extra Cost .
- R.O. Water, having ≤ 6 ppm dissolved oxygen content, shall be arranged by the end user.
- Dissolved Oxygem Meter
- Digital Stop Watch
- De-airing system with Vacuum arrangement
1580 X 1050 X 2350 (L X W X H) MM APPROX
Can hold specimen
50 mm dia
Head differential scale